Q:  My water service has been terminated for non-payment of sewer charges. What should I do?
    A: Call the Elk Valley PSD’s customer service center at 1-304-932-0898, Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm.

    Q: Sewage is backing up into my house/building through overflowing toilets, sinks, bathtubs, dishwasher, and/or washing machines. What should I do?
    A: If these problems occur and you are not using your household water outlets, there may be a problem in the public main. Call the EVPSD 24 hours, 7 days a week at (304) 965-1676 to request service.  If your household water outlets are being used, turn them off to stop the running water. This indicates a possible problem in your customer service line. You need to call a plumbing company.

    Q: Sewage is overflowing from a sewer structure onto the ground, driveway, street, etc. What should I do?
    A: EVPSD sewer structures are usually located in a public right of way and provide access for cleaning and pipe inspection. EVPSD manhole cover structures are usually from 24" diameter and are normally imprinted with "SANITARY SEWER" on top. To report an overflowing sewer structure, call the District 24 hours, 7 days a week at (304) 965-1676.

    Q: I have slow drainage through my toilets, showers, and sinks. What can I do about it?
    A: There is a chance that there is a problem in the public main. For service call the District 24 hours, 7 days a week at (304) 965-1676.

    Q: What can I do about terrible sewer odors?
    A: First, try to isolate the area of the strongest odor (inside your house or outside). If an odor is coming from inside the home, there is most likely a problem with your internal plumbing system.  Call a plumber for inspection and correction of the problem. If the problem exists outdoors, call the EVPSD for service.

    Q: When making repairs, how can I avoid damage to other utility lines?
    A: When digging to make sewer repairs, it is very important to know where other utilities are located so that damage can be avoided. Most utility companies belong to a locating service called Miss Utility of West Virginia.  Miss Utility will notify the utility companies that you are planning to dig and they will come out free of charge to mark the location of utility lines. Call before you dig, it’s the law! MUWV 1-800-245-4848

    Q: My contractor or another utility accidentally broke a sewer main. What should I do?
    A: Always call Miss Utility of WV before you dig, 1-800-245-4848. The EVPSD is a member of MUWV and will locate a sewer utility before you dig. The District will repair broken sewer mains that are broken by private contractors or utilities.  Please notify the District immediately upon damage to sewer lines, 24 hours, 7 days a week at (304) 965-1676.

    Q: What is EVPSD’s service responsibility?
    A: Elk Valley PSD is responsible for the public sewer mains, most of which are located in the public right of ways and easements.

    Q: What is the property owner's responsibility?
    A: EVPSD is responsible for the portion of the sewer from your property line to and including the main sewer.  The homeowner is responsible for all inside plumbing and the outside customer service line to the edge of your property.

    Q: I saw an alarm light on at one of the Elk Valley PSD’s sewer lift stations in my neighborhood. What should I do?
    A:  All of the Elk Valley PSD’s lift stations are plainly marked with the emergency telephone number. If the lift station is not pumping correctly, it could create potential sewer/backups in your house or overflows to the ground, street, stream etc. Please call the Elk Valley PSD’s sewer emergency number 24hrs/day, 7 days/week at 304-965-1676.

    Click here for tariff information.

Pay Here
The Plant

Mail: PO Box 7175, Charleston, WV 25356
Location: 100 Bream Drive, Elkview, WV 25071
Billing Phone: 304-932-0898
Hours: 8:00 AM-4:30 PM
Sewer Emergencies: 304-965-1676
Billing Inquiries Email: billing@elkvalleypsd.com
General Info Email: info@elkvalleypsd.com